About Shinjuku Free Walking Tour
YOKOSO Shinjuku will carry out a Miniuture Walking Guided Tour of Shinjuku as a Volunteers Guide (FREE) of the area. This area will be around the Shinjuku east exit, where our head office is located.
Here we will offer a healthy town guide. People who use our Volunteer Services will be referred to as “Guest”, rather than a customer.
We are not professional guides but we do love sharing with visitor’s our fun and exciting city. Also we are working in Shinjuku since a long time and know well about the restaurants, shopping and amusements spots, so It will helpful you to get information about the area of Shinjuku.
We’d love to help you to have a good time in Japan!
(Hanazono Shrine → Golden Gai → Kabukicho → Omoide Yokocho → Cine City Square → Lunch Time♪）
1 – 2 hours Walking Tour
Tour Time: Morning Tour from 11:00 / Day Tour from 14:00
Hanazono Shrine: Meeting point
Since ancient times, Hanazono shrine is enshrined as the guardian god of the town of Shinjuku. The way of counting God is called “Hashira” and there are three kinds of hashira in Hanazono Shrine.
There is an area in the narrow alley between Hanazono Shrine and Shinjuku promenade, where small counter snack / bars are gathered.
This area is called Golden Street.
Kabukicho is a place that was named “The city that never sleeps”. It is one of the best entertainment streets that even bright in the midnight with neon.
Cine City Square : Dismiss / GOAL point
This is a space used as a venue for public events, anniversaries, local festivals, music events and many more. Youtubers and tourists often take videos in this area. Right behind this area can be found VR ZONE SHINJUKU, which has become very popular these days.
If there is a desire to go to lunch after the tour, it is also possible to introduce shops that the guest hope to visit. But, if the guide staff is accompanied by a request from the guest for a meal or tea, the charge for that staff member should also be bared by a guest.
Other requests, such as shopping and entertainment spots about 2 hours at Shinjuku east exit, as well as accompanying requests will be accepted.
Ichii Ltd. Foreign Customer Service Department
Mon.-Fri. 10:00 to 17:00
1. The cost is free because it is organised for the purposes of our guests so that they can enjoy the Shinjuku Area.
2. For each guide, the number of guests is limited to 4 people.
3. The guide is available in English, Chinese, Korean and Nepalese languages.
4. If there is a desire for guests to go to the Sushi Shops, Japanese Pubs, Restaurants, etc., it is also possible to introduce you to other shops that you hope to visit.
5. If the guide staff is accompanied by a request from the guest for a meal or tea, the charge for that staff member should also be beared by a guest.
6. Shinjuku Free Walking Tour and its guides are not responsible for any damage, injury, theft, or loss of valuables suffered by the guest during the volunteers sightseeing tour. Please be aware that these come at your own risk.
7. Because it is a volunteer orientated guided tour organised during intervals of their job on the weekend, we may refuse the guide if we are busy with work or if we judge it as unreasonable for some reason.
8. If the guide feels uncomfortable due to the following acts received from the guest, we will terminate the guide service at any time during the tour.
・Intoxication and illicit behavior
・Request involving in sexual tourism
・Changing significant time and course on the day
・Request for guidance to sex industry such as customs relations